"A girl should be two things; Classy and Fabulous" - Coco Chanel

Saturday 30 March 2013

Staying warm and vibrant this spring

Last week we saw the spring equinox set upon us, yet I still find myself layering up to keep warm. Snow in spring? Global warming continues to baffle me, however as the spring/summer collections are bestowed upon the hangers and shelves, I don't see myself stepping outside wearing a dainty summer dress any time soon. Therefore, a key item is needed to complete any look this season, and that is a jacket. A Moncler puffa jacket (no matter how warm and snuggly they are) screams winter to me and so this season I am loving the suede and leather jackets, furs and classic trenches with pastel and block colours - it's easy to forget that it is even spring right now with such gloomy grey skies outside.

Here are a few of my picks from this season's ready to wear as seen on NET-A-PORTER:

Yves Saint Laurent Leather Biker Jacket £2,575 - NET-A-PORTER
I love this red leather jacket, I think that its unusual as everybody has a classic black leather jacket so why not add some colour this spring. The soft leather allows you to scrunch up the sleeves if needed.

Mulberry Pistachio Tweed Jacket - NET-A-PORTER £
Tweed, TWEED, T.W.E.E.D, no matter what day of the year, I can always find a reason to wear tweed, it looks fabulous on and creates a delectable palette of colours within each woven strand (plus it keeps you warm). Mulberry has created a 50s inspired jacket, which when undone shows characteristics reminiscent of Balenciaga's dropped (round) shoulders  from 1950. Pistachio is a pastel colour, great for setting the scene this spring.
Frayed Tweed Jacket by Lanvin - NET-A-PORTER £1,970
A contemporary choice from Lanvin this spring, with yellow, cream and taupe tones exaggerated by frayed tweed. A more structured jacket in comparison with the Mulberry take on tweed, so pairing this with fitted trousers or a skirt and a shirt would pull together a monochrome look.
Pink Suede Double Biker Jacket by 3.1 Phillip Lim - NET-A-PORTER £1,660
Pink is a garish colour, and I believe that if your going to wear pink it should be complementary, so ensuring the fit is perfect and that it suits your skin tone is key. It is fabulous when someone carries off such a block coloured garment as this and so I would pair this up with cigarette pants or leggings and a shirt or baggy tee. It is a struggle for me to be able to carry off pink seeing as I am a red-head.. orange and pink clash, however in some cases this does work!
Mid-length Cotton-sateen Trench Coat by Burberry Prosum - NET-A-PORTER £1,095

A Burberry Trench coat is one of those items you just cannot live without, and if you don't have one you want/need one. They are a great investment and look so chic, paired with an over-sized handbag and over-sized sunglasses  Burberry has released a few new, brighter colours this season, however being a classic girl, I would always suggest the stone cotton-sateen trench due to its ability to layer on top of pretty much everything with its buckled belt, military design and elegant cut.

Bea {x}

No comments:

Post a Comment